There aren’t too many issues that people take more seriously than security. Hence when it comes to training security personnel, we train people as if we were training for our own company, whether or not they’ll be employed there–which means only the best personnel chosen for the best training.
GVS offers state mandatory security guard training to candidates seeking to obtain a guard card. California requires that individuals seeking to work as a security officer must possess a minimum of 40 hours of training prior to employment. Completion of the first 8 hours entitles you to be assigned to a post, 16 hours must be completed within 30 days of employment and the last 16 hours must be completed prior to the 6th month of employment. For course availability and price, please call us.
Training for GVS Employment
Individuals seeking employment with GVS will be required to complete a mandatory 40 hours of training (if you do not currently have a guard card). In addition, you will be required to attend 80 hours of advanced training. GVS provides FREE training to candidates who pass the 5 panel pre-employment process.
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Psychological Test (certified M.D.)
- Physical Endurance Test
- 3 Panel Interview
- State Mandatory Security Guard Training ( if you do not currently possess a Guard Card)
- 80 hours of GVS Advanced Training
- Public Relations and Communication
- Report Writing
- CPR/First Aid (Adult, Child, Infant)
- Potential Hazards / Safety
- Attention Detail
- Terrorism Awareness
- State Laws and Statues
- Weapons Training (must obtain exposed or CCW license)
- Post Assignment Determination
- 90 Days Probationary Period Begins